Here is our Round-Up of the Top 5 News Stories of the Week. Check ‘em out!
1. Add 3rd party reviews to your Google Ad (searchenginewatch.com)
Google Adwords has rolled out review extensions to all users. Google AdWords users are now able to add third-party reviews to their ads including awards, reviews and rankings. This will allows Google search users to view the reputations of products or companies, allowing them to make a more informed choice.
2. So, you're tracking your competition on Facebook? You’re not as stealthy as you think… (raventools.com/blog)
This week, some Facebook Users noticed a new section on their admin panel: Pages to Watch. This new admin panel allows you to track your competition's Facebook. This allows you to quickly track up to 5 of your competitors at once, and is sure to be a useful tool for some users. However, what Facebook doesn't tell you is that if you want to track your competitor's Facebook, they'll get notified.
3. Facebook FBX ads are cheap... But that doesn't necessarily reflect poor performance. (adage.com)
Facebook's FBX inventory is selling at extremely low rates and for a small amount of money you can purchase thousands of its ad impressions. The information in this article is backed by data released earlier this week by Turn.
4. Mobile YouTube traffic is increasing rapidly. Jumped from 25% in 2012 to 40% in 2013 (techcrunch.com)
YouTube has been investing in a great mobile experience for the web and Android for a long time, and more recently for iOS since it took back control of the app back from Apple. YouTube began developing their mobile team before there was a demand for mobile or mobile revenue and it has clearly paid off.
5. Black Friday is Coming! Are you prepared for the early shoppers? (searchenginewatch.com)
Shoppers are no longer waiting 'till Black Friday. The eager shoppers of fall season are upon us, and they are approaching fast. Businesses need to get their online stores ready now in preparation for the Shopping Season that is already well underway. Here are some great tips for how to prepare you business now.